Martin is the founder of Propeller Group. He drives overall company strategy and provides a senior advisory hand when needed.
He started his career as a journalist in the media trade press (Media Week and Campaign) and has written for national newspapers, including the FT and The Guardian. With 25 years’ experience, Martin is a board-level consultant and strategist. He has advised clients including News UK, Telegraph Media Group, ITV, Trinity Mirror, Disney, CNN, Viacom, JC Decaux, Mindshare, Havas, Sapient and many more. He has been a judge of the PR Week Awards, the PRCA Awards and is a Fellow of the CIPR.
Five things about Martin
- To relax I play golf for fun and chess competitively.
- One of my ventures is PostBug.com “social media you can hold” – it’s a web-based platform that lets groups of people send real paper letters and postcards to public figures.
- When the hum of the metropolis becomes too overwhelming I like to enjoy walking and stag-spotting on Exmoor.
- I live in West London with my partner, Claire Beale, the global editor of Campaign, and our two children.
- I believe opposite-sex couples should be able legally to enter into civil partnerships, so I am on the board of the campaign for equal civil partnerships for all.